We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller to join our growing Finance Team, within our Farnborough office (with the option for remote working).
Who We Are
DCSL GuideSmiths are a leading UK-headquartered software house, developing bespoke operational software, as well as SaaS solutions. The team consistently delivers across all industries including established businesses and start-ups.
The company works with many well-known household names and has over two decades of successful projects. The award-winning company is growing rapidly and is recognised as the top UK software house based on client reviews and industry recognition.
Besides our established UK offices, we have a strong presence in Spain, as well as offices in Romania, Hungary and more coming soon!
What You’ll Do
As the Financial Controller at DCSL GuideSmiths you’ll manage the international finance team to ensure that all monthly management information and commercial analysis for the international regions of the company are produced accurately and in accordance with business needs, stakeholder requirements and legislation.
You’ll ensure intercompany transactions are accurate and compliant with transfer pricing arrangements, and to lead the international relationships with external advisors.
You’ll have primary responsibility for all financial reporting of the international regions. This should be timely and accurate and in line with the reporting requirements of the business and external stakeholders, including banks and investors.
You’ll also lead the international external advisor relationships covering payroll, tax and statutory audit compliance. To support the integration of new acquisitions into the group and manage intercompany transactions in line with policies.
What you’ll be doing on a regular basis:
- International regions management accounts, financial reporting and commercial analysis
- Manage the international finance team and support the UK based finance team where required
- Analysis of expenditure across the international regions to highlight inefficiencies and potential cost savings
- International customer, profitability and margin analysis
- Manage the relationships with international external accountants and tax advisors, assist in international corporate tax returns and other compliance/audit requirements
- Work closely with senior management to increase a company's efficiency and profitability by assisting with the formulation of both the medium and long-term financial plan, building annual budgets and 3-year plans
- Review and approve balance sheet reconciliations
- Review, approve and reconcile international payroll
- Forex management and reporting, transfer pricing compliance, intercompany transaction management
- Support and input into the closure and preparation of year end statutory accounts and support company audits ensuring optimum results are achieved
- Oversee compliance with all statutory requirements internationally e.g. VAT, Corporation Tax, etc.
- Build strong relationships with the broader finance, operations and commercial teams, focussing on international regions
- Working with various parts of the business to identify and implement process improvement opportunities
Experience and Skills
You may be a good fit if you have:
- Recognised accounting qualification (ACA)
- Previous experience as Financial Controller
- Experience in international accounting / compliance
- Strong IT skills, notably Excel and financial systems as well banking facilities
- Previous experience of accounting systems essential, e.g. SAGE.
- Experience of leading and managing others (international)
- Strong communicator
- Ability to implement and monitor internal controls
- Strategic / forward thinker
- Analytical and a strong attention to detail
- Good understanding of corporate tax, VAT, PAYE
We are ideally seeking candidates who are available to work from our Head Office in Farnborough which is a 10-minute walk from Farnborough Main station and close to the town centre and local amenities, with flexible/remote options.
Salary and Benefits
Salary of up to £70k dependent on experience, with an additional benefits package including:
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Employer matched contributory pension scheme (4/5%)
- Flexible working opportunities (see Location for more info)
- Healthcare Scheme – Helping towards the costs of medical, dental, eye care and more
- Life Insurance and Critical Illness Cover
- Maternity Leave – Fantastic maternity leave allowance of 20 weeks full-pay, followed by 19 weeks of statutory pay (Paternity leave is 2 weeks full-pay)
- Dedicated learning hours and access to a Technology learning platform
- Tastecard+ Membership
- 1 extra day off a year, for charity work of your choice
- Cycle to Work Scheme – Want to cycle to work? We can help towards the cost of a new bike!
- Fitness activities (Various clubs and other sports-related activities as well as discounts on gym memberships)
- Free hot and cold refreshments
- Social events and a range of other activities arranged throughout the year
- Opportunity to take on a newly created role and make it your own
- Join a very established but growing organisation, with outstanding career progression opportunities and an emphasis on internal development