Java Backend Engineer
Software is a vocation for us, not just a job. We bring creative developers together to solve difficult problems in complex environments.
At GuideSmiths we value amazing technology and even better people: working exclusively with Open source languages and allowing people to find their own space and letting the team form to its strengths. We love challenging work and delivering value, building bespoke software solutions, in a modern and agile way, always striving to accelerate, innovate and succeed for our clients.
We are looking for you!
We are looking for a highly passionate Backend Developer to join our development team, someone experienced in Java and Kotlin with the willingness to participate in challenging projects as well as being part of our Business development goal based on being the best international software boutique to work with.
What will you be working at in GuideSmiths on a daily basis?
- Develop mobile or web platforms by using the latest technologies and practices (DevOps, TDD)
- Deliver high-quality software on a continuous basis using all tools aligned with CI/CD such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Work in high-performance projects for international clients
- Get familiar with unit, integration, and E2E test
- Be part of an agile team and collaborate with all your team members
- Be in charge of routing the corresponding data, storing and processing them in order to ensure that the business team is able to perform their analysis and people that work with the Apps, will be able to consume them. All this is designed in an architecture based on microservices.
- Have company-paid training and enjoy a very collaborative and open atmosphere
We believe a lot in investing in our people so you’ll get top benefits as a GuideSmiths employee:
- Best hardware for developers! A brand new Macbook Pro and 27-inch screen
- Professional career development
Remote first culture (but you can come to the WeWork offices if you want to!)
Flexible compensation plan with Private Medical Insurance, Restaurant and Transportation credit card, and Budget aimed at Training courses based on your needs.
- Annual performance bonus
- Corporate Culture based on Remote first, Agile development and fluent communication.
Who will you be working with?
Daniel Alarcón, is a proud father, and Full Stack Developer and Team Lead at GuideSmiths. His role within the team is to assure the project’s technical needs, boost good practices and enhance efficient communication amongst developers, clients and the rest of the team.
Matteo Di Paolantonio is a Software Engineer and Team Lead at GuideSmiths, his role is to lead teams towards microservices-based solutions leveraging technologies, Node.js and React, Docker, Kubernetes and Microsoft Azure in the frame of DevOps software development practices.
This is just a part of our amazing team! Apply now and you will have the opportunity to learn more about us.
You may be a good fit if you...
- Have solid knowledge about Java and Kotlin
- Have around 3 years of experience
- Speak English fluent (Provable minimum B2+) as we work with international clients
- Enjoy working closely with the entire team to ensure that the site accomplishes the highest standards of quality
- Follow Agile/Scrum principles
- Based in Spain (although this is a remote-first position)
Also, it would be great if you are...
- Passionate for technology and coding
- Able to work with international team members
- Able to work remotely with teams member
- Always seeking for continuous improvement.
- Clients and results orientation