We have an exciting opportunity for a Java Developer to join our growing UK-based Software Development teams.
As a Software Developer at DCSL Software, you will be exposed to new tech, interesting and varied projects, as well as continued opportunities for career development.
Who We Are
DCSL GuideSmiths are a leading UK-headquartered software house, developing bespoke operational software, as well as SaaS solutions. The team consistently delivers across all industries including established businesses and start-ups.
The company works with many well-known household names and has over two decades of successful projects. The award-winning company is growing rapidly and is recognised as the top UK software house based on client reviews and industry recognition.
Besides our established UK offices, we have a strong presence in Spain, as well as offices in Romania, Hungary and more coming soon!
What You’ll Do
As a Java Developer at DCSL Guidesmiths, you will be involved in designing, developing and maintaining a variety of bespoke software systems.
What you will be doing on a daily basis:
- Developing high-quality bespoke software code
- Talking through requirements with the client and the development team
- Taking part in technical design and progress meetings
- Maintaining and supporting systems once they’re up and running
- Discovering, learning and integrating new technologies into applications to speed up system development or offer cutting edge services to our clients
Experience and Skills
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 3+ years experience programming with Java, or 7+ years total programming experience with 2+ years within Java
- An understanding and experience of object-oriented programming techniques
- Experience developing with Spring
- Experience working with relational database tools and ORMs
What skills add value to your application?
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Agile (Scrum) methodology
Candidates have the option to work in either our Central London or Farnborough office, with part or full-time remote options.
Our London office is a 10-minute walk from Waterloo Station, and our Head Office in Farnborough is a 10-minute walk from Farnborough Main station and close to the town centre and local amenities. We also have a virtual Development Center in Manchester.
Salary and Benefits
Salary of £35,000 to £63,000 dependent on experience, with an additional benefits package including:
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Employer matched contributory pension scheme (4/5%)
- Flexible working opportunities (see Location for more info)
- Healthcare Scheme – Helping towards the costs of medical, dental, eye care and more
- Life Insurance and Critical Illness Cover
- Maternity Leave – Fantastic maternity leave allowance of 20 weeks full-pay, followed by 19 weeks of statutory pay (Paternity leave is 2 weeks full-pay)
- Dedicated learning hours and access to a Technology learning platform
- 1 extra day off a year, for charity work of your choice
- Cycle to Work Scheme – Want to cycle to work? We can help towards the cost of a new bike!
- Fitness activities (Various clubs and other sports-related activities as well as discounts on gym memberships)
- Free hot and cold refreshments
- Fresh fruit delivered weekly from local suppliers
- Social events and a range of other activities arranged throughout the year
- Opportunity to work on full life-cycle development projects that are fast paced, interesting and technically challenging
- Work with the latest technologies in the Microsoft Development stack (i.e. .NET 5)
- Join a very established organisation with outstanding career progression opportunities to Team Lead and Architect levels
- Join a growing organisation to work with established IT experts to ensure your full potential as a software developer
- As a Microsoft partner, DCSL support your professional development and will assist you in gaining or updating relevant Microsoft qualifications