Junior Technical Architect
About the Job
We have an opening for a Junior Technical Architect to join our expanding Development Team. As a Junior Technical Architect, you will be an expert Developer, comfortable mentoring and teaching others and assisting with the technical implementation of very difficult projects alongside other Technical Architects, in addition to leading the technical implementation of smaller projects. You will be logical, ahead of others with bleeding edge technologies and proficient with code reviews.
You will be working with C# and the latest .Net frameworks to develop bespoke software for a range of clients. This role includes a three month on the job training programme to bring you up to speed on all areas of knowledge a Junior Technical Architect needs to possess.
DCSL GuideSmiths is a leading UK software house, developing bespoke operational software, as well as SaaS solutions.
The team consistently delivers across all industries including established businesses and start-ups. We work with many well-known household names and have over two decades of successful projects. Our award-winning company is growing rapidly and is recognised as the top UK software house based on client reviews and industry recognition.
After the three month training period, a Junior Technical Architect, you will be involved in designing, developing and
maintaining a variety of bespoke software systems. Your duties will include:
- Providing reliable development estimates throughout the requirement/specification process
- Keeping Solution Architects updated with cutting-edge development tools and methodologies
- Dealing with multiple projects concurrently
Occasionally the Junior Technical Architect may have to:
- Meet with customers to understand their requirements, but mostly this will be done by the Solution Architect
- Participate in pre-sales activities, either reviewing technical requirements or existing code bases
- Travel to meet customers
Experience and Skills
- Strong knowledge of .NET (core), C#
- Strong Hands on experience of ASP.NET (core) WebApi and MVC
- In-depth knowledge of ORM systems such as EF (core), Dapper, nHibernate, etc
- Good understanding of HTML5, CSS
- A very good understanding of relational databases, optmisation and troubleshooting.
- An understanding of Xamarin and mobile application development
- Experience with cloud environments (Azure, AWS, Google, IBM Cloud, etc), and related services/technologies
- Working knowledge of Agile and particularly Scrum
- Knowledge of good testing practice, automated and manual
The Role also requires:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to explain technical details/limitations clearly to customers
- Pragmatism when faced with issues
- Excellent collaboration skills and the ability to keep teams moving forward
- An awareness of the project budget and commercial constraints
- Superior development skills and the ability to identify reusable code opportunities
- Handling customer interactions with patience and calmness; an understanding that technical knowledge is different between you and them, and that they may become frustrated.
Candidates have the option to work in either our Central London or Farnborough office, with flexible remote options.
Our London office is a 10-minute walk from Waterloo Station, and our Head Office in Farnborough is a 10-minute walk from Farnborough Main station and close to the town centre and local amenities. We also have a virtual Development Center in Manchester.
Salary and Benefits
Annual salary of up to £63,000 per annum (dependent on previous experience), with an additional benefits including:
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Employer matched contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working opportunities
- Healthcare Scheme – Helping towards the costs of medical, dental, eye care and more
- Life Insurance and Critical Illness Cover
- Maternity Leave – Fantastic maternity leave allowance of 20 weeks full-pay, followed by 19 weeks of statutory pay (Paternity leave is 2 weeks full-pay)
- Dedicated learning hours and access to a Technology learning platform
- Tastecard+ Membership
- 1 extra day off a year, for charity work of your choice
- Cycle to Work Scheme – Want to cycle to work? We can help towards the cost of a new bike!
- Fitness activities (Various clubs and other sports-related activities as well as discounts on gym memberships)
- Free hot and cold refreshments
- Fresh fruit delivered weekly from local suppliers
- Pizza Fridays – After every company meeting, we order pizza!
- Social events and a range of other activities arranged throughout the year
Why Join DCSL GuideSmiths?
- Opportunity to work on full life-cycle development projects that are fast paced, interesting and technically challenging
- Work with the latest technologies in the Microsoft Development stack (i.e. .NET 5)
- Join a very established organisation with outstanding career progression opportunities
- As a Microsoft partner, DCSL support your professional development and will assist you in gaining or updating relevant Microsoft qualifications